Gyms in Japan are a very interesting topic. You'd think it would be fairly easy to find a good gym here but trust me it isn't. A good gym here is like a unicorn in a forest or a needle in a hay stack. You'll have to search and dig through the rubble to find one that fits you. I think the concept of a gym is different in Japan. Being a gym addict back when I lived in Jamaica, when I came to Japan that was one of the first things I set out to do, join a gym. I googled and asked friends where was the best place to go. When I asked people they mentioned Renaissance sports gym or Central gym. It's important to know that when I first moved here I was placed in Sendai. The largest city in the Tohoku area. Now back to gyms. Renaissance and Central and most other gyms here are mostly focused on cardio machines. When I was in the early stages of searching and when I visited different gyms I was shocked to find most places filled with treadmills elliptical and cycling machines....
Comments
Post a Comment