The Apple Watch vs. The Fitbit



To be fair, let me first state that I have always had a Fit-bit. I had the fit-bit Surge 3 years ago and then I upgraded to the fit-bit charge one year ago. Now I am currently using the new Nike series 4 Apple watch.

I initially got a smart watch to help me with my dieting. The reason being smart watches track our calorie usage throughout the day. They generally give us an overall picture of the calories we use and with that information we can then calculate how many calories we need to consume to lose fat. I opted for the fit-bit at the time because it seemed geared towards athletes.

The Charge 2 was a great upgrade to the surge in my opinion because it was a lot less intrusive. The surge felt big and bulky on my hands while the charge 2 felt like a regular band or a fancy bracelet not so much like a watch.

When I had both the surge or the charge two I would always keep them on. I trained and slept in them and I would only take them off if I took a shower. In my opinion fit-bit watches provide a more sturdy and reliable smart watch geared towards sports.

Apple watches on the other hand are more geared towards running, walking or swimming. To put things in perspective I would always wear my fit-bit at the gym, however I would never wear my apple watch to the gym or at least not anymore. I wore the apple watch once to the gym and after my session was complete I noticed a scratch on the screen. The crown also  kept on interfering with my wrist strap. when I wore the fit-bit I could simply loosen the strap and continue with my work out. With the apple watch I can't do that. I have to take off the watch if I want to use my versa grip straps or wrist straps.

Also the fit-bit is a much more durable watch when it comes to taking hits during contact sports. I had no problem wearing my watch whenever I trained in the gym, that might be due to the price tag of $150 as opposed to the apple watches $500 price tag.  Some risks are just not worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GetFitjp at the Rakuten Stadium Spartan Race

What's the difference between JBBF and NPCJ ?

A new year a new you.