Vacation on Hamilton Island.

The paradise right in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.


Before heading to the Hamilton Islands for vacation I must admit that I knew absolutely nothing about this island resort. I didn't know where it was or why everyone loved it. a little google search cleared it up for me but still being from Jamaica i'm used to amazing beaches and the slow pace of staying at a resort. However the google searches or my experience of staying at other resorts did not prepare me for how amazing this place was.

We arrived on Tuesday morning and as we stepped off the plane and went through the gates of the airport, we were hit by an amazing view of blue, wait not just blue it was as if the water was made of sapphires and crystals. It sparkled as it reflected the sun and the clear skies above. As I watched that view I was certain that i'd love his island. Getting from  the airport to the hotel was quick and easy. Our ride was their waiting to pick us up. The ride took almost 5 minutes or less. Our hotel was the largest on the island and it was smack in the middle of the it. we had a panoramic view of the entire beach. The staff checked us in and even gave us some tips on where to eat and what to do on the island. 

Appreciating the view from the room.
Our room was spacious as well, with two beds and two sets of chairs. One set for relaxing the other for eating. The balcony was also good, it had wooden chairs that was perfect for relaxing and enjoying the view. We also had friends who would fly in from time to time to welcome us to the island. The staff had warned us that parrots would sometimes fly into the rooms if we left our windows open so we made sure to close the windows whenever we were not using the balcony.



One of the purposes of this trip was to relax from my bodybuilding contests and also to eat as much as I could during my time in Australia and on Hamilton Island. And boy did I eat.

Food

On the island I visited a few restaurants and cafes. My top picks are:


Probably one of my favorite places to eat on the island. They have a mixture of meat pies, pastry, cakes and breads. my favorite things to get there were their chunky beef meat pie and the cheese bacon beef meat pie. I also always got the eclair if it wasn't sold out. I recommend going a earlier in the day because their pies tend to sell out very fast.
Bob's Bakery meat pies.



Another one of my go to places for quick and cheap food. They sell fish and chips, chicken and chips and hamburgers. 


Marina cafe sells great breakfast meals and lunch meals. I would say they are the main places people go for breakfast that side of the beach. They sell pancakes, eggs benedict, salads, wraps and sandwiches. 


I only went to this restaurant for brunch the fist day I arrived on the island so I don't know much about their other menus. But they seem to sell healthy options for those that are watching what they eat. Whats also great about this place is the view, with an infinity pool that has the beach in the background it's the perfect place to eat while enjoying the beautiful view in the days.
Brunch overlooking the beach and pool.



Manta Ray was our go to place for ordering pizza. We actually had dinner at Tako's an we were still hungry so we decided to order a pizza from Manta Ray. we were not disappointed. 


For dinner menus I think Coca Chu was my favorite place and I wish I knew about how awesome their food was before I went to the island. They serve up tasty Asian cuisine at an affordable cost.  The restaurant is also right on the beach so the views are spectacular. We went for dinner in the night and we still loved the view. If you visit this restaurant then you should try the green curry. 


If you're in the mood for Mexican food and drinks then this might be the place for you. I wasn't particularly pleased with this restaurant but I might just have gone on a bad night. 


If you rented an apartment or even if you're at a hotel then I recommend making a few trips here. You can get snacks and already cooked food at low costs. We got our snacks for the cruise at IGA which turned out to be extremely helpful. 

One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill is a bar at the top of one of the hills on the island. They serve up tasty cocktails that you can enjoy while watching the sunset. It was actually quite romantic and it is definitely something you should try if you visit the island.
Perfect start to the night. What beats a beautiful sunset and delicious cocktails.


Things to do


I also strongly recommend taking the full day cruise to the Whitehaven beach. this beach is one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in the world. With 14km of clear white sand and a beautiful shore line you will wish you could stay longer. We went on a half day cruise and once we got to the island we instantly regretted not doing the full day cruise. Time flies when you're on one of the worlds most beautiful beaches. 

Sports Club 
One of 2 squat racks available at the gym


The island also has a sports gym unlike any other vacation or hotel sports gym that I've ever been to. The gym comes equipped with all the exercise equipment you'd need on vacation. Plus they also have different classes throughout the day. Some of those classes include spin classes and yoga. 

They also have:

  • free weights
  • strength training equipment 
  • cardio machines
  • jump ropes and yoga mats
  • suspension training room
  • tennis courts
  • multi purpose court 
  • group fitness classes 
The free weight and machine area of the gym.


With so many options to choose from you have no excuses not to visit the gym. 

The island is also great for runners as well with gentle slopes and long stretches of roads. 

Vacationing at Hamilton Island was a great experience for me and I highly recommend it to any one that can afford it. It's not cheap but it is worth it. It's a great vacation spot for the family, it's also a great spot for honeymooners. Consider it for your next vacation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GetFitjp at the Rakuten Stadium Spartan Race

What's the difference between JBBF and NPCJ ?

A new year a new you.