Going forward for next year

So what have I learned from this contest? For starters my posing needs a lot of work. I thought I had practiced enough and I was pretty confident going into the show but I underestimated the posing aspect and I think that cost me points. Also I should have taken the day before the show and rested. My muscles were ridiculously sore on stage and  a few days after. Lastly would be to work harder on the free posing section. This plays a huge role in your placement and I think my posing routine was good but it was basic. The free posing routine needs to be good. It needs to wow the judges and the audience so you need to practice, practice and then practice some more.



Points that I need to work on:

My legs. 
I improved on my legs this year however there is still a long way to go. For Japanese contestants their legs are their strength. The reason being is that they tend to have shorter limbs however in my case my legs are long so its a bit harder to build the width I need to compete blow for blow with Japanese contestants. So during my off season I'll be increasing my leg training split from two times a week to three times a week.


Old Training Split
Sunday - Legs Quads Calves
Monday- Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday- Legs Hamstrings Calves
Thursday-Shoulder
Friday - Arms
Saturday- Push and Pull

New Training Split
Sunday - Morning HIIT / gym Quads Calves
Monday - Chest and Back Light Arms
Tuesday - Hamstring Calves
Wednesday - Shoulder and Arms
Thursday- Abs, Chest and Back
Friday- Legs (squats and lunges) Calves
Saturday- Morning HIIT/  gym full upper body



My nutrition.
I tend to lean on the low carb end of the scale all year round however for this off season I'll be increasing my carb intake according to the guidance of my nutritionist and from my own research and calculations.

If any of you guys are looking into dieting then I strongly suggest reading Layne Nortons articles.

Also as for books I recommend

  • Anabolic cooking
  • Nutrient Timing 
  • The shredded Chef
  • Show and Go Nutrition system  

Nutrition can make or break your physique you need to put in the work to understand your body. Also no two people have the same nutritional needs. Our bodies are unique so you can't cut and paste someones program into your life. Do your research and experiment with your diet. I recommend experimenting with a set diet for at least two weeks to a month to see how that diet affects your body. If you switch frequently then you just won't know what works and what doesn't.

Also if you can afford it then get a coach. Coaches help. Get a coach who is knowledgeable in not only training but dieting as well. Most top bodybuilders in the world have coaches so don't be overconfident and think that you know enough to get by.  However that is if you can afford it for those of you that can't then do your  research and log our meals and progress and set backs.

Lastly as the new Mr. Olympia Shawn Rhoden said "Body building is  marathon not a sprint". It takes time to build up a great physique and more importantly it takes consistency and dedication. Don't give up.

Posing 

As I said earlier posing is a huge part of bodybuilding and even though I worked on posing a lot this year. I still need to work a lot harder. I went to Tokyo twice this past year to work with Mr. Oogawara a posing coach at Harajuku Gym. He has classes every Saturday at 2:00 pm in the B1 studio of the gym. The cost is 1000 yen for one hour.





That is a great deal and his posing classes are really good. He taught me a lot and I wish I could work with him more but going to Tokyo every weekend isn't really financially feasible for me at this time. So what I'll do is practice with my mirror and more experienced guys from gym. As for posing routines I'll start working on that as early as possible. Ill also be using routines from classic bodybuilding as I think those physiques match mine the best.A few guys I'll be looking to model are:


  • Ruff Diesel 

  • Breon Ansly


I think these two guys have some of the best physiques and posing routines in the sport.

There you have it, my plan on going forward for next year. Wish me luck guys and remember to always strive for your goals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GetFitjp at the Rakuten Stadium Spartan Race

What's the difference between JBBF and NPCJ ?

A new year a new you.