Why you should start dieting now and not tomorrow

Looking back one of the biggest mistakes I think I made in last years prep was in my diet. I didn't quite understand just how important meal timing and proportions were to my physique.

Your diet plays a major role in getting your body from where it is now to where you'd like it to be. You could spend hours in the gym however if your diet isn't complementing your efforts in the gym then honestly you're just wasting your time and I wasted a lot if time.

In my opinion if you aren't blessed with a body that allows you to eat whatever you want and still maintain a good fat to muscle ratio then you need to be looking at your diet. It just makes sense, why spend hours in the gym agonizing and suffering through your workout just to go home and ruin your progress with bad dieting? It's as if you're walking up on a treadmill that's going in the opposite direction. And for many people that treadmill is moving very fast.

I think the reason many people ignore this crucial aspect of their life is because they don't know where to start or what to do. Also with the flood of temptations we have from stores and restaurants all around us and the ease of access to cheap unhealthy snacks, it is hard. It's hard to say no to that Saturday afternoon pizza run with the friends. It's hard to say no to that chocolate gift from a friend. So many people might start a diet but they fail at sticking with it and give up after a month or less because they haven't seen the results.

However a week or two is not enough to undo the months or years worth of improper eating habits. It takes time, and I cannot stress this enough. It takes time and dedication and a understanding that yes sometimes you'll give in to temptation but that doesn't mean you should quit. We all make mistakes and I've made plenty during my diet, but I didn't quit.

Also think of it as a learning experience, during any diet you,ll learn a lot of stuff about your body if you pay attention to the subtle changes in how your body responds to what you eat. So stick through it, learn, adjust then grow or shred. You have the power over your body, don't start tomorrow, start today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GetFitjp at the Rakuten Stadium Spartan Race

What's the difference between JBBF and NPCJ ?

A new year a new you.