2018 Higashi Nihon Bodybuilding contest

I competed in the 2018 Higashi Nihon bodybuilding contest in Tokyo, Shinagawa last week August 25. Preparing for the contest was extremely difficult because it was my first contest away from my home city Sendai. I stayed in Tokyo for a week before the contest so I could do posing classes with a coach. It was also my birthday week so I decided it just made sense to spend the week in Tokyo exploring a little in my down time.

While in Tokyo I stayed at two locations, one was at a friends place in Chitose Funabashi and the other was at a really nice hotel in Shinbashi, a 2 min walk from Ginza and another 5 mins walk from Tokyo station.

I think the hardest thing for me was my meals and making sure I ate at the right times throughout the days. Tokyo is a very busy city and it's easy to get caught up in the fast pace of the city, so at times I didn't even feel hungry but I knew I had to eat. Thankfully in Japan healthy food is never too far away. I mostly relied on convenience stores like Family Mart and Lawson. I ate tofu, natto, salad chicken and salads during my time at the hotel in Ginza. When I was at my friends place I had the freedom to use the kitchen so I cooked a lot while I was there.

After food and meal times the next hardest thing was actually doing the contest. I've competed in Sendai once before so I thought I knew what to expect from a contest but Tokyo was a completely different level. In my opinion Tokyo has more resources and better gyms for bodybuilders so they can better prepare themselves for a contest. For example at the Harajuku Meijijingu Mae gym a posing class is held for 1080 yen every Saturday at 2o'clock. That's a huge deal considering in Sendai and smaller cities there are no such classes. Also the equipment at the gyms in Tokyo are in most cases better than the ones in smaller cities. 

The level in Tokyo is higher so I think I'm extremely lucky to have been able to compete there. I can now say I competed with some of the best natural bodybuilders in Japan and even though I lost, I didn't lose by much. So we will see what the future holds.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GetFitjp at the Rakuten Stadium Spartan Race

What's the difference between JBBF and NPCJ ?

A new year a new you.